Friday, January 4, 2008

Live from NY, Its the Trashless traveler, sort of

I arrived on the China Bus at 6AM this morning and spent the day walking the city alone. The picture is the Shakespeare statue in Central Park.

I admit, I threw three things away to day. This morning before sunrise I sought refuge in a Chinese bakery, and I ordered a croissant and a black bean cake. And a small coffee. I wasted the cup and the bean cake wrapper. I was too out of it really to force my self to hold on to it.

Thankfully I managed to spend the rest of the day with a little more restraint, except for the wrapper my hot nuts came in in the Park. I really am mad at myself that I let so simple small things slip by, but at the time I just didn't want to deal with it.

I seriously feel like I am in a foreign country, its surreal.

Speaking of surreal, the MoMA is freaking awesome!

Okay back to the trash, I will be more disciplined tonight I promise, I think I will have to drink drafts instead of bottles with my hosts tonight.

1 comment:

Meade Skelton Haufe said...

I guess its a moot point , and you probably are aware that New York sends Virginia all their trash? And the human kind too.