Thursday, January 3, 2008

Big Recycling Day before Big Apple trip.

I finally got around to taking the rest of the recycling from the apartment to the drop off behind the Science Museum.

It was quite a bit:





























I am left with a few "undesirable" non-recyclable items that I will have to either hold on to for a year or reuse somehow. Any ideas?














On a more interesting note, I am taking the China bus to New York City tonight, and will be back Sunday. I will be doing my damnedest not to come back with any trash.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi there,
Just found your blog the other day and am really interested in seeing if you can pull off this amazing feat which you are trying. I can't tell exactly what is in the bin that you can't recycle, but it looks like at least a few containers. Some ways I use my plastic containers are: using them for tupperware for leftovers, storing homemade salad dressing, filling them with dirt and planting herbs, flowers, or whatever in them, using them to hold your spare change on the dresser. I guess there are lots of uses. Good luck with your goal. I will be following you for inspiration to cut down my trash even further!

A P said...

Thanks for your support, and encouragement, I was already think about sticking in the towel while walking around NYC today, but I think I'll stick with it for a little longer