Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Day One

Full disclosure, I'm off to a bad start. I got some Chinese food this afternoon, take out. It came in a paper bag, and two plastic containers with a big fat 5 label, which means they are not recyclable in Richmond. Which means I will be washing them and lugging them to every restaurant I get take out from for the rest of the year.

Luckily I had my own chopsticks, everyone should carry around there own set.

I do have a cardboard carton of rice as well. I suppose I will empty, flatten, and recycle, after removing the metal handle. I will have to find a use for that at some point.

One more failure, I ate at delux, (good food, I had the corn meal crusted trout with greens and sweet potato fries, and I forgot to grab my beverage nap, to recycle before I left. Please forgive me.

I also bought my ex-gf a coffee in a togo cup, but technically it isn't my trash, and I drank my espresso from the ceramic cup so I guess I made up for it.

Not to shabby I guess, but now I am figuring out if work counts towards my goal.

I work in a fan bar kitchen so 'no trash' maybe problematic. Technically it isn't my trash, so I am not going to count it against me, but I will attempt to be as efficient and nonwasteful as possible. I will have an update on how that goes.

Anyway, Happy New Year, and so far I have physically put anything in a trashcan, so, so far so good, despite a few little hiccups.

No comments: